Top Ten Book Quotes


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies of The Broke and the Bookish.
 
Hello! This week's theme is: a FREEBIE! I recently started a "quote notebook" where I write down quotes that make me pause or take away my breath in books, movies, random ones I see on the internet, etc. So I decided to make a Top Ten Book Quotes post for this Tuesday... WITH GRAPHICS.
1. "Even in the future, the story begins with Once Upon a Time."  ~Cinder by Marissa Meyer

2.  "I will love you forever; whatever happens. Till I die and after I die, and when I find my way out of the land of the dead, I'll drift about forever, all my atoms, till I find you again..."  ~The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
3. “Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well.”  ~Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

4. "Hazel," [her mom] said, voice firm and grave, "Listen to me. There is nothing wrong with you, got it?" Hazel nodded. She understood. They were plastic flowers of words but they looked nice on the surface."  ~Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
5. "I am the king and you could've been my Red Queen. Now you are nothing."  ~Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

6. “It might be my imagination, but I think I hear his heart beating. His is beating and mine feels like it's breaking.”  ~P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
7. “And there it is, against all hope, like the sun peeking out from behind the clouds. The smallest hint of a smile.”  ~These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman

8. “Still, the image haunted his dreams throughout the night: a lovely girl gazing at the stars, and the stars who gazed back.”  ~Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

9. “And that might just be the root of the problem: we're all afraid of each other, wings or no wings.”  ~The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton

10. "It's like, I don't know, grabbing a little piece of life. All this stuff happens, all these little moments go flying past, and then they're gone. And then you're gone...But when you take a picture, that one moment isn't gone. You caught it. It's yours. And you get to keep it."  ~The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart

Aaaand there you have it! My top ten quotes. I tried not to use too many of the obvious, power quotes from books. After getting the idea, I thought it would be aesthetically appealing to also include graphics... OMG they took FOREVER. I'm pretty sure my sister wanted to kill me from the amount of times I asked her, "Hey, does this look good." But there you have it! 5 quote graphics (the plan was ten but my hand died after five). 

Not exactly sure if the Red Queen one makes sense. She doesn't have red hair (at least I don't think) but red splash for the Red Queen? Also for the These Broken Stars quote, I tried to make the text have a "sunrise gradient". Don't really think anyone will get that, but OH WELL.

No comments