Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Things Couples in Books Need to "Quit" Doing and Just Kiss


This week's theme is: Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit. Since I didn't like the idea of listing books that I quit reading because it felt like an insult, I decided to stick with the "quit" theme and list Ten Things Couples in Books Need to Quit Doing and Just Kiss. And let me clarify, by quit I mean don't quit because I love reading each situation but it just drives me crazy while I'm reading it. Do you ever just want to shake the shoulders of a ship and scream, "STOP BEING IDIOTS AND GET TOGETHER." Me too. And this is the list of ten things I can't stop reading but gives me pain.

1) Too Good For Me
The whole "You're too good for me so I can't date you. I don't want to hurt you." thing angers me so much.
Book example (according to my roommate): The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

2) Operation Jealousy
When the couple fights over the boyfriend or the girlfriend's ex causing a big argument that takes up the entire book. I think couples need to have more faith in each other.
Book example: Dimitri and Rose over Tasha in Vampire Academy seies by Richelle Mead. I think the jealousy game got so big that someone framed someone for murder.

3) I... You Too
STOP BEING A BUTT AND ADMIT I LOVE YOU ALREADY.
Book example: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

4) Break Her Heart to Save Her
When those ancient rules get in the way of a couple. *big sigh of anger*
Book example: Velvet by Temple West

5) Too Independent
I understand the whole "I don't want a boy to own me thing." I support it too. But do you ever ship a couple so much that you pout because the girl is resisting the relationship.
Book example: Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

6) Dancing Around Each Other
That feeling you get when none of the characters in a ship will make a move but IT'S SO OBVIOUS.
Book example: A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall

7) Number One in His Life
Okay this is the one thing I DO NOT support. When the girlfriend expects to be #1 in the boyfriend's life OVER HIS FAMILY.
Book example: The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

8) The Love Triangle
Aw man. I dislike when there's a love triangle and the MC starts two timing because s/he can't decide on one person.
Book example: Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi.

9) Mistaken for Cheating
MISCOMMUNICATION PROBLEMS. Sometimes couples are really bad at talking to each other. Would save 100+ pages if they just talked it out thoroughly! (Then again I enjoy the drama.)
Book example: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

10) Love Makes You Crazy
Laying down your life for your lover. This makes me sad :(
Book example: New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

And there you go! What couple problems in books hurt your heart?


No comments